I was nominated for this festive little award by the wonderful Brin Guivera over at Brin’s Book Blog. She is quite a lovely lady and y’all should definitely go check out her blog :) I thought this would be a fun post to do today since it’s Christmas Eve and all, so here we go!
1. Answer the twelve questions that have been left for me.
2. Create twelve new questions.
3. Nominate ten lovely bloggers!
1. What is on your Christmas Wish list?
Books, obviously ;) But I also really want one of those Keurig K-Cup coffee makers so I can make a hot cup of tea in under a billion years. I love to sip me some chamomile tea before bed, but it’s such a hassle to make!
2. What would be the perfect Christmas?
Hanging out with my family, playing games and watching movies after having a huge Christmas breakfast and opening presents, all while the fire is roaring in the fireplace and Christmas music is playing softly in the background. So, basically last weekend :D
3. What’s your favourite winter make-up look?
We’ve talked about how I kinda suck at being a girl before, so I don’t really have an answer for this one. If nothing else, a little mascara and a little lip gloss go a long way.
4. Do you believe in Santa?
Not anymore, but I love the idea of him.
5. What is your favourite Christmas food or drink?
Hot chocolate and sugar cookies :)
6. Will you be travelling for Christmas, if so where?
Nope. Everyone is coming to my house this year.
7. Would you prefer Christmas with or without snow?
I wouldn’t mind some snow, but no ice please. And, yes, there is a difference.
8. Do you like eggnog?
Actually, I don’t. I can’t exactly say why other than I just don’t like the way it tastes.
9. What is your favourite winter clothing?
Big, comfy hoodies with sleeves long enough to completely cover my hands.
10. Do you leave Santa cookies, if so who eats them?
Back when I was still a believer my parents used to put out cookies and I would bet that my mom was the one who ate them :)
11. What was the best gift you ever received?
When my husband was in the Marines he had to go away for training from time to time. Well this one time, right before Christmas, when he came home he brought me back A WHOLE CASE of Thin Mints. A. Whole. Case. Like, twenty-something boxes of my absolute most favorite Girl Scout cookie, nay, COOKIE in the whole wide world. Best. Gift. Ever.
12. What is your favourite Christmas memory?
One year when I was little, probably 8 or so, my family took a trip to Big Bear Mountain (in California) for Christmas. We rented a log cabin, went on a trail ride through the snow on horseback, rode sleds down the mountain, built a snowman, and made snow angels. It was really magical. We also got our very first Nintendo that year ;)
1. Which book are you most hoping to find underneath your Christmas tree?
2. Favorite Christmas movie and/or TV Special?
3. Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
4. What is the sneakiest thing you’ve done to try and find out what gifts you’re getting before Christmas day?
5. Real tree or Artificial tree?
6. Favorite Christmas villain: The Grinch or Ebenezer Scrooge?
7. What book would you most like to GIVE as a gift this Christmas?
8. Of all of your family’s Christmas traditions, which one is your favorite?
9. White Christmas lights or Multi-colored Christmas lights?
10. Favorite Christmas song?
11. Wrapping paper or Gift bags?
12. Do you want to build a snowman?
Books & Cleverness
Books For Thought
I Think I’m Obsessed
Nut Free Nerd
Spirit of Children’s Literature
Stephanie’s Book Reviews
A Well Read Woman
Woven Magic Books
The Writing Hufflepuff